Henry Williams is a well-established manufacturing company based in Darlington with an ambition for growth and diversity who has nearly doubled its turnover in the last 5 years. We are the only Company in the UK that offers the complete package of forgings, sheet metal, fabrication, electrical projects and test facilities.
Check product quality at the necessary stages as defined in procedures or contract specifications. Assist the Quality and Environmental Manager in the maintenance of the quality system and carry out audits as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Goods inwards inspection: check quality is acceptable; paperwork is correct and then release goods on the ERP system (Javelin).
- Scrap reports: collect and input these reports for the Key Performance Indicators.
- Audits: carry out regularly as defined in the schedule in the Quality Manual.
- Customers and suppliers: visits to be made as and when required for audits or other reason.
- Oversee the non-destructive testing activities and put in place measures so that all equipment is checked and work is being carried out.
- Final inspection of finished goods and release to the customer, including the preparation of document packs.
- Liaise with other departments on matters affecting product quality
- Engineering qualification ie ONC / City & Guilds or equivalent experience in a similar manufacturing discipline
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment and quality management systems
- Experience using problem-solving quality tools
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Time served apprenticeship
- Ability to analyze data, identify key problems and implement solutions
- Experience & qualification in NDT techniques inc UTMPI & DPI
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Working knowledge of 6S’s / Lean management methodology
- Experience in statistical process control techniques
- Experience in the use of FMEA’s process flows and control plans
- Internal auditing experience & Qualification
37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.15pm
Friday – 4 hours between 6am – 12 noon
- 5 weeks holiday per year
- Free life assurance
- Pension scheme