- Advanced geometry – Best safety performances according to EN12767
- Advanced steel grade – Dual phase steel DP600
- Advanced coating – Continuous galavization – Magnelis +ZM31O
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Self-repairing protection on cut edges
- An alternative to post-galvanising and other metals
- Environmentally responsible
It is understood the obvious benefits of street lighting and that public lighting makes roads safer. In the case of a collision however, the lighting columns can often become dangerous obstacles. When a vehicle hits such a street lighting column, the energy generated during the impact will mainly affect the vehicle and its passengers.
The column usually barely moves, which causes the vehicle to be stopped so abruptly and in such a short distance, that a negative impact on the human body cannot be avoided.
The risk of having the front of the vehicle pushed back into the passenger compartment causing serious injuries or worse is much greater than the chance of those passengers getting out of the vehicle unharmed.
All over the world, people are killed unnecessarily in collisions with street lighting columns.
The passive safe street lighting columns are developed, CE-marked, patented and manufactured by Safety Products and licensed for distribution in the UK and Ireland by Henry Williams Ltd.
The column is constructed to yield no matter which direction it is hit by a vehicle. The rivets or weakest points will always break in an impact and the strength will be lost and the deformation of the column will absorb the energy of the impact.
PASSIVE SAFETY DOES NOT HAVE TO BE EXPENSIVE
- Low cost to purchase due to automated manufacturing.
- Easy and quick to install just like a conventional street lighting column, no special base or foundation is required and only one trip to site is required.
- Less likely to be stolen by metal thieves.
- No requirement for an expensive electrical breakaway system due to the column not shearing from the base.
- 25 year manufacturer’s corrosion warranty on Magnelis ZIPpoles and 20 years in a C5M environment.
- 10 times more corrosive resistant then hot dipped galvanised zinc.
- Withstands corrosion even if scratched or drilled due to “self healing” alloys within the material.
- Strong enough to take vandalism or slow moving vehicle impacts without having to replace.
BETTER TO OUR ENVIRONMENT
- Can be fully recycled after collision.
- Low CO2 footprint during manufacturing
THE HIGHEST PASSIVE SAFETY LEVEL THAT CAN BE ACHIEVED
- CE approved to be installed on Highways Agency or Local Authority maintained roads.
- The column has the highest safety level for occupants (class 3) in the energy absorption category HE (High Energy absorbing) conforms to EN40 & EN 12767.
- Will always yield no matter which direction it is hit and at what height the impact happens.
- The column slows the vehicle down safely after impact which is important to dissipate deceleration forces on the colliding vehicle.
NOT JUST ANY OLD STREET LIGHTING COLUMN
- Can be customised to take flower basket or decorative lighting outreach brackets.
- Choose from a variety of root treatments.
- Can be powder coated to your colour specification
- Can be flanged mounted for installation on bridges, raised structures and central reservations.
- Choose from a variety of corrosion resistant cam-locks.
To view the full specs of ZIPpole please download the brochure below.