Con Mech Group is a family company with engineering businesses in Darlington and Annfield Plain, County Durham, as well as in the South East of England.
Henry Williams is a well-established manufacturing company based in Darlington with an ambition for growth and diversity who has nearly doubled its turnover in the last 5 years. We are the only Company in the UK that offers the complete package of forgings, sheet metal, fabrication, electrical projects and test facilities.
Con Mech Engineers in Annfield Plain offers first class heat treatment facilities, precision engineering and the manufacture of ground engaging tools to the mining and construction industries, with a large proportion of our products being exported throughout the world.
This is a permanent position to provide accurate and timely management and financial information and product costing data for both of our County Durham companies. This will involve regular travel to both sites and your own car is essential.
- Develop reports using MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Crystal, Datafile, Jobshop, Exchequer, and Sage payroll.
- Accurate performance monitoring and reporting of each business
- First point of reference for management accounting data
- Production of ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
- Assist the accounts team with period end work and management accounts production
- Monitor and report the standard and actual costs of production/sales; advise, and champion improvements
- Produce Sales and Cost of Sales monthly reports, investigate variances, and advise management of the results
- Reconcile production/sales information to management accounts
- Produce financial KPI’s and identify improvements
- Audit preparation
- Monitoring internal controls and regular testing
The Successful Candidate
Working with our accounts department, you will have an AAT qualification or higher. You will be a self-starter who doesn’t need to be closely supervised and who is able to prioritise work and manage your time effectively. You will have good attention to detail and be a problem solver. Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills are essential, as is experience of SQL databases and report writing via Crystal Reports.
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment. You will have a continuous improvement mindset i.e. adding value, saving costs, improving processes and systems and experience of using ERP systems.
Competitive rate dependent upon your skills and experience. Benefits include 5 weeks holiday per year, life insurance, and access to a generous company pension.
Your standard working week will be 37.5 hours and we operate a flexible working scheme which could allow you to vary your working times, such as noon finish on a Friday. Mileage will be reimbursed for business travel between sites.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to:email@example.com