Henry Williams is a successful privately owned company. The company has a long standing record of developing, producing and manufacturing electrical and mechanical solutions. They have specialist know-how in three key business areas: Metalworking, control systems and power distribution. The company has over 130 employees, and operates from its multi-purpose manufacturing site in Darlington.
To produce good quality CNC machined forgings including Brinell hardness and quality checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up of CNC machine, completing first off, adjusting settings where required to produce repeatable quality product
- Complete inspection requirements as directed by the works order/team leader/quality representative
- Work diligently, efficiently and safely, highlighting ways to improve the process
- Achieve operational targets set by the team leader/supervisor
- Participate in any investigation as a result of a non-conformance being raised
- Ensure good housekeeping within your work area
- Carry out any other duties as required for which you are suitably competent to carry out, at the request of the team leader/supervisor or manager.
The Successful Candidate
Essentially you will have previous experience of working with CNC machines and experience of working within a similar working environment (preferably 2 years). You will have the ability to meet deadlines and to read engineering drawings. You will have the ability to carry out CNC setting and operation on a vertical machining centre.
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to have a continuous improvement mind set and ways of working – 6S / lean methodology, FLT licence, crane driving/slinging licence, PCN Level 2 MPI crack detection, able to carry out hardness measurements, particularly Brinell.
37 hour week. Monday – Thursday 7am – 4.45pm
30 minute lunch break
- 5 weeks holiday per year
- Pension Scheme
- Free life assurance
- Competitive Rate